LEHMAN TWP. — Lake-Lehman School District will offer a Kindergarten Readiness Program for the 2018-2019 school year.
The program is broken into three segments throughout the year. Activities are provided for both the child and parent to instill a sense of comfort and familiarity for their first elementary experience.
The orientation provides information about Bus Safety, Reading and Math readiness, nutrition and pre-registration in order to prepare parents and children for kindergarten.
The programs are as follows:
Bus Safety and Reading: Title I reading teachers will offer reading strategies and interventions to prepare your child for kindergarten and your child will go for a bus ride.
• 9 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 14, Lake-Noxen Elementary, 570-639-1129;
• 9 a.m. Wednesday, Nov 15, Lehman-Jackson Elementary, 570- 675-2165; and
• 9 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 16, Ross Elementary, 570-477-5050.
Math Readiness and Nutrition: The second program suggests math strategies and interventions you may use with your child for kindergarten. Parent and the soon-to-be kindergarteners will have lunch at the school.
• 9 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 12, Lake-Noxen Elementary;
• 9 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 13, Lehman-Jackson Elementary; and
• 9 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 14 at Ross Elementary.
Pre-Registration: The third program prepares you for registering your child for kindergarten.
• 9 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 13, Lake-Noxen Elementary;
• 9 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 14, Lehman-Jackson Elementary; and
• 9 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 15, Ross Elementary.
Information regarding registration will be released at a later date.
These programs are intended for children who will enter kindergarten in the 2018-2019 school year. Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old before Sept. 1, 2018.
Call your appropriate elementary school to register. This information can also be found on the Lake-Lehman website at www.llsd.org.