LEHMAN TWP. — The sixth annual Dallas Rotary Wine & Dine on June 23 will showcase 16 local wineries, according to Rotarian Todd Buckley.
The event offers an opportunity for wine lovers to sample a selection of regionally made wines while socializing and patronizing food and craft vendors, Buckley said.
“The event attracts on average 1,500 people,” Buckley said.
The Dallas Rotary Wine and Dine event is scheduled from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Luzerne County Fairgrounds, located at 3605 State Route 118.
New this year are VIP tickets, which allow guests to begin their wine tasting at noon, an hour before gates officially open, as well as providing premiere parking, comfortable seating, reserved restrooms, complimentary water, soda and snacks, Buckley said.
VIP tickets are $40 per person and are available for purchase only at dallasrotarywineanddine.com.
General admission tickets are $15 in advance or $25 at the gate.
Tickets are available at the following locations:
• J & J Deli, 3101 Memorial Hwy, Dallas
• Valentines Fine Jewelry, 2465-2 Route 309, Dallas;
• Hilbert’s Equipment and Welding, 2965 Memorial Hwy.
• Gerrity Supermarkets, locations in Hanover Township, Luzerne West Pittston and Wyoming
• Pierce Drug, 435 Pierce St., Kingston
• Nimble Hill Vineyard & Winery, 3971 Route 6, Tunkhannock
• Crabby’s Seafood Grill, 3159 Lower Demunds Rd., Dallas Township
• Lucchi Family Wine Cellars, 134 N. Main Ave., Scranton
• Earth and Wears, 68 Main St., Dallas
All guests will receive a complimentary wine glass, wine samples, and a courtesy wine shuttle, Buckley said.
The wine shuttle allows attendees to leave their purchased bottles of wine at a designated table, which are then tagged like a coat check system, and transported to the parking lot for patrons to pick up before leaving the fairgrounds.
The following wineries are scheduled to be in attendance:
• Benigna’s Creek Winery
• Buddy Boy Winery
• Red Shale Ridge Vineyards
• Juniata Valley Winery
• Capra Collina Winery
• Grovedale Winery & Vineyard
• Antler Ridge Winery
• Hidden Creek Winery
• Nimble Hill Winery & Brewing Co.
• Deep Roots Hard Cider
• Maiolatesi Wine Cellars
• Lang Beverage Co.
• Sand Castle Winery
• Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery
• Pisano Family Wines
• Lucchi Family Wine Cellars
The Dallas Rotary Wine & Dine event was started in 2012 by past presidents Paul and Melissa Saxon as a new avenue to generate funding for various community projects, Buckley said.
All proceeds from ticket sales are used in the Dallas Rotary’s service projects.
“All proceeds will go back into the Back Mountain community,” Buckley said, noting the club awards book scholarships, holds a senior luncheon and a children’s Christmas Shopping Spree as well as supports the Salvation Army and the Back Mountain Memorial Library.
Reach Eileen Godin at 570-991-6387 or on Twitter @TLNews.