DALLAS — The following events are scheduled by the Back Mountain Memorial Library.
· Saturday, Oct 14 – Last Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dallas Elementary School
· Book Signing — Saturday, Oct 14. 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with Science Fiction author, Bryan Kollar, “The Box.”
· Paranormal Program — Saturday, Oct 21 at 11 a.m. Bill Brennan from the Silver Broomstick will present a program on the paranormal. He will discuss types of hauntings, equipment and theory, along with showing equipment. Call the library to register.
· Hurricane Agnes Presentation — Wednesday, Oct 25, at 7 p.m. Author Bryan Glahn will present a program on his book, “Hurricane Agnes.” Although history records the hurricane that struck northeastern Pennsylvania in June 1972 as “Agnes,” residents of the Wyoming Valley affected by the storm and the resulting damage simply refer to it as “the flood.” As the Susquehanna River rose to over 40 feet and left her banks, citizens could do nothing but watch as their lives were forever changed. Glahn, born in Kingston, grew up with stories of the flood. With images culled from family and friends, as well as their first-person accounts, he retells the story of Agnes with the words and images of those who lived it. Call the library to register.
· Book Discussion — Thursday, Oct 19, Thursday Morning Book Discussion group will meet to discuss, “Hidden Figures” by Margaret Lee Shetterly. New members are welcome to attend.
· Story Hour – Openings still available in the Wednesday morning – 10 to 11 a.m., 3 to 5-year-old session. Call the library to register your child.