DALLAS — Plans are underway for fall adult classes and programs at the Back Mountain Memorial Library. The following classes have been scheduled:
• Adult Yoga classes will resume from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 12 through Oct. 24. The cost for these classes is $70 and is payable at the time of pre-registration.
• The Thursday Morning Book Discussion Group will also reconvene at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 15. This group meets on the third Thursday of the month and new members are welcome. The selection for the September meeting is “Captain’s Daughter” by Leah Fleming.
• Color Therapy Fridays will be held from 11 a.m. to noon Friday, Sept. 16 and Friday, Sept. 30. Coloring generates wellness and stimulates brain areas related to motor skills, the senses and creativity. Bring a coloring book and pencils or use supplies that will be available. Pre-registration is required for these free sessions and may be made by calling the library at 570-675-1182.
• Designer Purse Bingo will be held Sunday, Oct. 9 at the Dallas High School, 2030 Conyngham Ave., Dallas Township. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m. and bingo will begin at 1 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $20, which are available now at the library. Tickets at the door will be $25 which includes three bingo cards for 20 games. Extra bingo cards will be sold at the door. Luncheon foods and beverages will be available for purchase, as well as a basket raffle, door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Call the library at 570-675-1182, Karen at 570-417-2083 or Suzanne at 570-301-4778 for more information.
• The library’s farmers market is still going strong on Saturdays and runs through Oct. 8. There is an ongoing array of fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, jams/ jellies, cheeses, meats and more. The farmers market is held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is located on the grounds of the Dallas Elementary School.
• The library’s Holiday Shoppe, located in the Reference Room, is currently re-stocked with fall holiday merchandise, including Halloween decorations, fall wreaths and unique collectibles. All items are reasonably priced with all proceeds benefiting the library.
• Slightly Read Bookshop has now resumed its regular hours, after a summer break. The bookshop is open as follows: 1 to 7 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays; 1 to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
Also, children who participated in the summer reading program can pick up their decorated shirts at the library.
Information provided by the Back Mountain Memorial Library.