FORTY FORT – Wyoming Seminary presented awards to 20 outstanding Lower School students at the annual eighth-grade graduation ceremony held recently on the Lower School campus in Forty Fort.
Awards were presented by Kevin Rea, school president; Dr. Kathy Hanlon, dean of Lower School; and Eddie Plaksa, Lower School Coordinator.
Those presented with awards included two seventh graders from the Back Mountain:
• Abigail Santo of Dallas, who received the Charlotte M. Sours Academic Achievement Award
• Christina Kaspar of Dallas, who received the Charles Pfifferling Sr. Memorial Prize for best all-around seventh grader.
Eighth-grade winners from the Back Mountain and their awards were as follows:
• Nicole Amoachi, Shavertown, The Bessie G. Atwood English Award, The Mary Mazzitelli Memorial Music Leadership Award, The Margaret M. Stack Memorial Award (Spanish)
• Katarina Banks, Dallas, The Anna M. Olcott Award (scholarship and conduct)
• Aishani Chauhan, Shavertown, The Mary Mazzitelli Memorial Music Leadership Award, The Margaret M. Stack Memorial Award (French); Benjamin Crispin, Berwick, The Marjorie Harvey Smith Award (outstanding conduct, white team), The John G. Ruggles III Memorial Award (excellence in creative writing)
• Emma Douthett, Tunkhannock, The Margaret M. Stack Memorial Award (Latin)
• Elena Fenster, Shavertown, The Harold and Mollie Cruikshank Award (service and character)
• Nicole Joanlanne, Dallas, The Jane Pfifferling Dimond Award (excellence in girls’ athletics)
• Scott Lynett, Shavertown, The Marjorie Harvey Smith Award (outstanding conduct, blue team)
• Sarah Maseychik, Dallas, The Peter Drapiewski Memorial Prize (integrity and intellectual promise)