UNIVERSITY PARK — Penn State Extension named new client relationship and business operations managers to serve its 10 administrative areas as part of a restructuring initiative.
Previously, Penn State Extension was organized into 20 districts, each managed by a district director.
The reorganization condensed Penn State Extension’s former 20 districts into 10 multi-county areas. Each new area will have a client relationship and a business operations managers assigned.
By dividing the duties of the former district directors, the individuals filling these new positions can build customer relationships and provide program support, according to a news release.
Client relationship managers will work with county stakeholders to raise awareness of extension products and services available to them, define local issues and needs.
Business operations managers will manage county extension offices, provide a network for program delivery.
Following are the three local newly formed extension areas and their respective client relationship and business operations managers:
AREA 3 (Tioga, Bradford, Susquehanna, Lycoming, Sullivan, Wyoming)
• Mark Madden, client relationship manager. Madden has worked as an educator for Penn State Extension since 1994, providing agronomy, water quality and energy-development programs.
• Lana Adams, business operations manager. Before joining Penn State Extension, Adams worked in human resources and administrative positions for the state departments of Health and Agriculture.
AREA 4 (Luzerne, Lackawanna, Wayne, Carbon, Monroe, Pike)
• Stephen Alessi, client relationship manager. Alessi spent the previous 11 years with Sherwin-Williams Co. in a variety of positions, including assistant manager, store manager and outside sales representative.
• David Messersmith, business operations manager. As a member of Penn State Extension’s Shale Energy Education Team, Messersmith delivered educational programs on Marcellus Shale and natural gas across Pennsylvania and beyond.
AREA 5 (Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Union, Snyder)
• Maureen Casey, client relationship manager. Before joining Penn State Extension, Casey held marketing positions in the insurance industry and was client care coordinator with Metzger Animal Hospital.
• Thomas Walker, business operations manager. Walker, an agriculture extension educator, most recently was Penn State Extension district director for Mifflin and Juniata counties.
For information about Penn State Extension’s educational offerings visit http://extension.psu.edu.